Is it triple Chrome plating?
Yes, copper, nickel and chrome
What is the process for Chrome plating?
1. The part has to be prepped. That may mean chemically removing all paint or sanding the part down to remove any imperfections. Next the part is polished, this sets the base for a copper plating.
2. The part is placed in copper, then polished. Next the part goes into the nickel tank. After the nickel plating is complete, the part may be polished again.
3. Next a part goes into the chrome tank. When is it removed it receives a final polish and inspection. Finally the part is shipped out. In very short this is how it is done.
How long does it usually take?
The normal turn around time for most small parts is approximately 2 weeks, however larger parts like bumpers could take several weeks. Our busiest season is January to July. This means even smaller parts could take 2-4 weeks.
What types of metal can you chrome?
Any steel, aluminum, brass, pot metal and white metal. We do not chrome plate car or truck rims.
Can you take my motorcycle apart for me
if I don’t know how?
1. Yes, we offer disassembly/assembly service for motorcycles only. However, we do chrome plate and polish a variety of auto and boat parts also.
2. We do not dissemble cars or trucks
Does the chrome plating have a warranty?
Yes, most parts are under warranty for 1 year against any peeling. (Under our discretion) We do not assume any liability for labor or shipping charges for any defects resulting from the chrome peeling. We make the determination if it is defective. We are not responsible for any damage to parts due the chemicals used and the high speed buffing machines.
back to top>